Continuing M.G. Siegler’s tradition, my homescreen kicking off 2018. Not to worry, it was screenshot’d on January 1.
Outside of the obvious change to screen size, compared to 2017:
- I’ve switched back to the default mail client after some trouble with Outlook on iOS.
- Overcast makes the home screen with podcasts—both listening and creating—taking on a prominence last year.
- The social media folder gets a move towards the bottom row for easier thumb access
- My recent foray into HomeKit products means Home gets some attention
- Apple Pay arriving to my part of the world means the Wallet says hello.
- Workout things moved away as I continue to track movement, but open history way less
- Been wanting to experiment with Halide all the more
- Calculator became a control center action during 2017. The move of control center to the more inconvenient top right has affected this ever so slightly, but I just find myself using Spotlight for basic computation.
- I still don’t know why Apple News hasn’t left my home screen.
Until next year.