Following M.G. Siegler’s yearly ritual, here’s my home screen as of the first day of 2017. Most of these are fairly obvious, but I’ll add some thoughts:
- WhatsApp/Social apps + photos + google maps are pretty much no brainers.
- I don’t why Apple News is still here, I never open it.
- At some point, I’ll dissolve Reminders and stick with just the one to-do app (2Do).
- Yes, Outlook is current email client of choice on iOS.
- Messages is blowing up thanks to all the places who have my mobile number and insisted on wishing me a Happy 2017 #iFeelSoPopular
- MyFitnessPal is pretty much on its way out since the arrival of the Apple Watch. Granted, its purpose was altogether different, but my zeal to track everything I eat died about 45 days after I started.
See you in 2018.